Frequently Asked Questions
HomeGrown Cup 2023
We’re back in 2023 with two times a HomeGrown Cup this year like we have done before in 2019 and 2022!
And for the first time: the HomeGrown Cup 2023 Weekender on Saturday, July 29, and Sunday, July 30 (awards ceremony will take place) with a free pre-party on Friday evening July 28th at The Grass Company in Tilburg (Spoorlaan 360, 5038 CD Tilburg), while handing in your samples happens on Thursday, July 27.
If you’re competing in the HomeGrown Cup 2023 Weekender, you can use the campsite at the venue from Thursday, July 27th until Sunday, July 30th with tent(s) or camper(s) for an additional fee.
Can I buy tickets to this event?
For the first time, a limited amount of public tickets (no judge packs) will be made available for Sunday. With this ticket, you get access to the venue on Sunday and free non-alcohol drinks and food (pizzas) are included. For access to the pre-party at The Grass Company on Friday, tickets are not required.
Competitors must pay 100 euros per entry to enter the HomeGrown Cup 2023 Weekender. For each entry, you get a judge pack. For every entry, you also get a goodiebag including a t-shirt.
How much do I need to enter?
You can find the quantities in the registration form. You cannot send in your entry through the post. After your registration is confirmed, we will communicate how and when you bring your entry (or multiple) and pay your registration fee.
HomeGrown Cup History
- 2015 saw the first edition of the HomeGrown Cup, leaning on an old tradition of celebrating the annual agriculture harvest at the end of the season.
- The 2016 edition was held on December 17, 2016 in Eindhoven (the Netherlands).
- The 2017 edition was held on December 2nd, in Tilburg (the Netherlands).
- The 2018 edition was held on December 15 in Eindhoven (the Netherlands).
- In 2019 we did two cups in one year for the first time, on June 15th and December 21st.
- In 2020, due to the COVID pandemic we did the HomeGrown Cup 2020: Home Edition.
- In 2021 we did an Indoor & Outdoor event in December.
- In 2022 we organised two event: in the summer for indoor, in the winter for the outdoor.
- In 2023 we organise for the first time a multiple days event: The HomeGrown Cup 2023 Weekender. The winter edition is t.b.d.
HomeGrown Cup in the Media
‘Een big shout out naar de organisatie om het dit jaar mogelijk te maken en growers een podium te geven.’
Gweedo over zijn HomeGrown Cup ‘Home’ Edition deelname, cannabisindustrie.nl (2021)
‘Het leuke van een evenement als de Homegrown Cup is het contact met de andere deelnemers.’
‘The 2017 HomeGrown Cup was a perfect example of how cannabis goes beyond healing individuals and can heal communities, too.’
‘At a secret location in the Dutch city of Eindhoven last month, around 70 cannabis growers, concentrate producers, and cannaseurs gathered to take part in the second annual Homegrown Cup. Their charge: Judge entries in four different categories: outdoor, indoor, traditional hash, and concentrates. (…)’